Could you leave a legacy for Ellie’s Haven in your will?
Reasons for considering it:
- Ellie’s Haven is a small charity so your legacy will be 'personal' – it will make a noticeable difference.
- Ellie’s Haven has low administration costs so all of your legacy will go towards helping families with children suffering long term and life limiting illnesses.
- It can help reduce the amount of tax payable if your estate is over the inheritance tax threshold. See https://www.gov.uk/donating-to-charity/leaving-gifts-to-charity-in-your-will.
Legacies usually fall into one of these categories:
- Pecuniary Gift – a sum of money left in a will
- Residuary Gift – the remainder of the estate after all other beneficiaries have been provided for.
- Specific Request – gift of a named item, such as a painting
- Contingent benefit – a gift dependent on other factors such as the donor outliving other beneficiaries.
Here’s the government’s advice on writing a will: https://www.gov.uk/make-will
You do not need to tell us if you decide to leave a gift to Ellie’s Haven in your will but if you choose to do so we won’t ask for details and we will treat any information you give us as confidential.